Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Leather On Leather

So I'm just going to sit here and text until spring actually does come. I wake up every morning to the thrill of the sun shining, to be blitz attacked by an awkward snow storm only after I've left the house in what I can now only call an inappropriate attire configuration. Despite the dull realisation after leaving lunch meetings that I really shouldn't be outside in this 70's mini dress and my lace up ankle boots when it's snowing, yesterday I had had enough. I was fully prepared for the weather to trick me yet again, but I wasn't prepared to let go of my spring outfits. Going a bit more monochrome I could still wear what I wanted but draw less attention to the fact that if a snow storm hit I would stick out like a sore dumb, and an idiotic one at that.
Now the only issue was how to make monochrome more interesting. Inspired by the 70's free love for fringe, I took it upon myself to layer not only fringe on fringe, but leather on leather. I love the edginess the mix of both textures and materials can bring to a look. However I couldn't avoid and suppress the flamboyancy that was dying to come out, and I ended up going with the leopard messenger bag, instead of a basic black satchel.
To my luck, the snowstorm never came. Crisis averted :)
Happy Tuesday!


 (L E A T H E R  O N  L E A T H E R  A T T I R E)
(EMBELLISHED FEDORA - MISS SELFRIDGE)
(VEGAN FAUX LEATHER TEE - AMERICAN APPAREL)
(DUAL TONE LEOPARD MESSENGER BAG - ZARA)
(BLACK LEATHER MULES - RIVER ISLAND)

2 comments: